Caregiving Elder Abuse Simply First Person Writing
Posted by: EssayWritingPool 8 months, 1 week ago
Need help with my Humanities question - I’m studying for my class.
1. Watch all the short videos.... (Read Chapter 7 to put it all into perspective) (PDF Provided)
Video 3: Elder abuse victims speaks
Video 4: Signs of Elder Abuse
2. Check out the following resources....
ASSIGNMENT - (USE the information in the Videos on the homepage, the links above... INCLUDE a few examples!!)
For this assignment, I want to look at a growing problem. Statistics are showing that the number of cases of Elder Abuse are unfortunately increasing... We know that many older adults can be vulnerable for a variety of reasons.... maybe they are experiencing memory loss, or they have no family living close by... older generations were also born at a time when they were taught to be polite and trusting (abusers and scammers know this!!) ... More than likely, the ABUSER is a family member, caregiver or other social support contact, and SCAMMERS are always on the lookout for older victims. Most abuse can be prevented, and it is up to ALL of US to know the signs of abuse...
- We all need to be aware of Elder Mistreatment! Briefly (and in your OWN words.. do not copy!).... What are the TYPES of Elder Abuse and what are the WARNING signs we should be looking for in each type? You will have a LIST of ALL the types of abuse and their warning signs (you can bullet or number each one or make a table).. NOTE: This is a written assignment and your responses MUST be in full sentence format.
- Scammers are continually finding ways to swindle older adults out of their savings. With COVID and everyone home, I've heard of so many SCAMS going on and seniors being called or emailed. Check out the latest scams (link above) and tell me what you think (mention specifics from some of the scams in the articles or videos). Be sure to include WHY in your responses. (4)
- What actions do you think YOU can take to help WARN your grandparents, parents or any other older friend or family member you know about current scams (check the links above for current scams and how you could help prevent the older adults in your life from being a victim).
- Have you observed elder abuse first hand OR have you heard stories from someone about an older adult that has fallen victim? Tell me about it. If you haven't, have you seen it depicted in a movie or TV show or in the news?
- what would you do if the perpetrator was someone you knew? (would you report them?). And WHERE would you report them?
- WHY do you think we don't hear more about elder abuse on tv or in the media? (or maybe you do hear about it?). Do you have some suggestions to inform the public??
- Word Doc, , single or double space, 700 word minimum
- College level writing, THOROUGH answers - FIRST PERSON
- Do NOT copy from the resources, put everything in your own words (paraphrase), Do NOT include my questions .... if you ping the plagiarism tool, you will lose a grade point!
Requirements: 700 word minimum