Short answer questions Integumentary System
- What does “integument” mean? What forms the integument in humans?
- What are the three regions of the skin? Describe each of them.
- Define the following terms: keratinocytes, melanocytes, Langerhans cells, macrophages, eccrine glands, sebaceous glands, apocrine glands, reticular layer.
- What is the function of melanin?
- Compare the two types of melanin: eumelanin and pheomelanin.
- What is the stratum lucidum and where is it found?
- What causes white hair?
- Why is baldness more common in males than females?
- List the functions of the integumentary system.
- What are some of the diseases that affect the integumentary system?
- Why is lack of vitamin D associated with the integumentary system?
- What is the ABCD rule and why is it important?
- Explain why burns are problematic for the skin.
- How do scars form?
Fill in the file below with the answers
Share on Facebook